The Kolkata Branch Office of SAATHII was started in May 2002. It serves as SAATHII’s Eastern India regional office. Programs in the Kolkata Office focus on information dissemination, research, networking, advocacy and training on interlinked issues of gender, sexuality, human rights, sexual and reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS prevention, care, support and treatment. This office implements programs in training and technical assistance with a focus on building the capacity of sexual health agencies in the eastern states.
Most of the Kolkata programs involve partnerships with voluntary and government agencies working with sexual minorities, People Living with HIV (PLHIV), women, youth and other vulnerable populations in eastern and northeastern India. The Kolkata office also oversees a Field Office in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
The Kolkata office contains and oversees a Reference Library with materials regarding sexuality, human rights, gender, sexual health, and HIV/AIDS.
SAATHII – Kolkata
A-30, Nandan Kanan
P.S. Survey Park
Santoshpur, Kolkata 700075
Ph: (+91) 33 2416-4836
- Mental Health Study on Stigma and Depression Among Sexual Minorities
- Project Pehchan
- Study: Young Women-Life Choices and Livelihoods in Urban Areas
- Empowering Women living with or affected by HIV/AIDS (WLAHIV) through Property Ownership and Legal Literacy (POLL)
- Santi Seva: Expanding Access to Education, Livelihood and Health Services among TG Communities in Bhadrak, Odisha
- Eastern India Family Care Continuum Project
- Network East and North-East Projects
- Regional Transgender and Hijra Issues Consultation in Eastern India
- Film Based Research Project: "From the Third Eye"
- Development of Patient and Provider Education Materials- Factsheets on HIV/AIDS
- HIV/AIDS Support Center Project : Support Center for Voluntary Agencies Working with Sexual Minorities and People Living with HIV/AIDS in Eastern India (2004-2008)