All Manipur Nupi Maanbi Association (AMANA) is a coalition network of three CBOs in Manipur- Maruploi Foundation, AASHA, and SAVE. From July 2012 onwards, AMANA aims to establish itself as a network of CBOs of Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender (TG) communities in Manipur. AMANA also strives to provide technical support for and to serve as a resource for MSM/TG issues in the entire northeast. This projects works to strengthen the network as an association, to help identify issues beyond HIV, and to build capacities of its members.
Accomplishments so far
- Baseline assessment conducted for communities on livelihood, socio-economic, legal, gender, and human rights aspects
- Training of Trainers conducted for the leadership of AMANA on human rights, constitutional rights, legal rights, livelihood, social security, and gender and sexuality
- In the process of registering AMANA as a coalition of CBOs
- Manipur Network of Positive people
- Human Rights Law Network, Manipur Unit
- Centre for Research & Education (Rights based organisation)
- Social Welfare Department
Community Network for Empowerment
This project is financially supported by American Jewish World Service.